Early years pupil premium (EYPP)
Is extra funding paid to childcare providers to improve the development, learning, and care for disadvantaged children aged 3 or 4 years old.
Your child can receive early years pupil premium if they are aged 3 or 4 years old and you, as their parent or guardian, are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you don’t also receive Working Tax Credit and your yearly income is no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (a benefit paid for four weeks after you no longer can receive Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
A child can also receive early years pupil premium funding if:
- A local authority in England or Wales is looking after them at the moment
- They have left care in England or Wales through an adoption, special guardianship or child arrangement order.
Disability Living Allowance (DLA )
Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children may help with the extra costs of looking after a child who:
- Is under 16
- Has difficulties walking or needs much more looking after than a child of the same age who does not have a disability
They will need to meet all the eligibility requirements.
The DLA rate is between £24.45 and £156.90 a week and depends on the level of help the child needs.
Disability Access Fund (DAF)
All early years settings who provide funded early education places for 3 and 4 year old's are entitled to a one off payment of £828 per year for children in receipt of Disability Living Allowance.
The payment is made direct to support providers to make reasonable adjustments in order to meet the needs of children with special educational needs and disability (SEND).
How to make an application
Applications are made via your childcare provider, they will require
- A copy of the child's DLA award letter
- A signed parental application form
DAF Application Form