Tax Free Childcare

Family Services

Provider Details

0300 123 4097

Provider Information

Service Description:
If you're a working parent with children under 12 (or under 17 for disabled children), you can open an online account to pay for registered childcare. The government will top-up the money you pay into the account. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2. You can receive up to £2,000 per child, or £4,000 if disabled.

You, and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £125 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage).

If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.

You can't get Tax-Free Childcare if either you, or your partner, each individually expect to earn £100,000 or more.

You can’t use Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as childcare vouchers, Universal Credit or tax credits. You can use it with the 15 hours and 30 hours schemes.

You can use it to help pay:
•Registered childminders, nurseries and nannies
•Registered after-school clubs and playschemes
•Registered schools
•Home careworkers working for a registered home care agency

You can use Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as:

15 hours free childcare
30 hours free childcare

You can't use it with:

Universal Credit
Tax Credits
Childcare Vouchers (closed to new entrants)

Useful Information

Age Groups:
Up to 17 years
Cost by arrangement
Referral Procedure:
Visit the website for more information
Open All Year
Registered for 2yr Old Funding (for childcare providers only):
Registered for 3/4yr Old Funding (for childcare providers only):

Drop Off / Pick Up

Useful Links